What is Indonesia 2nd Home Visa?
The Indonesia 2nd home visa, also known as the Second Home Visa or the Retirement Visa, is a non-work visa that is granted to foreign nationals and their families who wish to establish a permanent residence in Indonesia. The visa is aimed at providing an opportunity for foreigners to enjoy their retirement years. The visa is issued for a period of 5 or 10 years, which allows the visa holders to stay in Indonesia for an extended period of time.
The length of the visa depends on the applicant’s age, investment plan, and overall health. Holders of this visa are not allowed to engage in any form of paid employment in Indonesia, but are permitted to carry out volunteer work or undertake charitable activities.
The Second Home Visa offers several benefits to the visa holders and their families. For instance, it allows them to buy property, open a bank account, and obtain a driver’s license in Indonesia. The visa holders can also travel in and out of Indonesia as frequently as they desire, without the need for a visa extension.
In order to obtain the Indonesia 2nd home visa, applicants are required to meet certain eligibility criteria and invest a specific amount of money in Indonesia. They are also required to have valid medical and health insurance coverage. Additionally, applicants need to submit a number of documents and undergo a medical examination to prove their eligibility for the visa.
- No age limit.
- You may reside in Indonesia for 5 to 10 years.
- This visa does not allow you to have income related to the Republic of Indonesian.
- If you are willing to open a business in Indonesia after sometime of your stays, please consult with us about what visa will be required
- It is a legal requirement to get a NPWP (tax number) if you have income + IDR 54 million threshold per year
- You may bring your eligible family member
- Processing timeline 25 business day
The following pointers are the requirement you need to fulfill to apply for Indonesia 2nd Home Visa:
- holding what is known as immigration guarantee (property ownership)
Please note that most of the real estate sold to foreigners is sold using lease rights. It is a form of ownership that can be renewed indefinitely (after 30, 50 and 80 years, paying a fee of 0.3% of the land value), sold, and bequeathed (by foreign or Indonesian heirs).
It is not allowed to rent your property under “right of use”
- Proof of funds not less than IDR 2,000,000,000
The second way to get a Second Home visa is to deposit 2 billion rupiah at a state-owned bank.
Bank appointed by the government:
- Bank Mandiri — 2.5% interest
- BNI — 3%
- BRI — 3%
- State Savings Bank — 3.5%
- Bank Syariah Indonesia — based on Sharia principles, offered profit sharing, not interest. Variable, and likely more than 2%.
- Letter of guarantee
- Passport valid for six years or more
- Criminal records
- Health Clearance with proof of Covid-19 vaccination, and a signed letter health protocol
- Proof of funds
- Proof of health insurance
- Two photos 4 cm x 6 cm
- Bank letter/statement showing a 2 billion deposit OR certificate of land ownership UNDER YOUR NAME or Guarantor Agency Documents.
What you will get
Documents package you will get:
Dependent visa (if applicable)