What is Family Sponsorship Program?
The Family Sponsorship Program allows relative or family to sponsor relative or family member to immigrate to Canada permanently. This program require the sponsor to be 18 years to be eligible to be a sponsor.
Canada offers a number of immigration programs that give Canadians the opportunity to sponsor their family members to Canada. Who you can sponsor:
Spouse or common law partner and dependent child:
- you must be able to support them financially
- make sure they don’t need social assistance from government
Parents or grandparents. You are eligible to sponsor if:
- you’re invited to apply
- you’re above 18
- enough money to support people you sponsor
- you are PR/citizen of Canada and live in Canada
Adopted child: there are several process that you need to go through when you support your adopted child:
- the application for sponsorship
- the application of Permanent residence for your adopted child